Cerakote is the toughest thin-film coating in the world. Made in America and applied at OC Custom Coating
What services do you offer?
- Cerakote application
- Sandblasting and etching
- Engraving/Surface Marking (We can add your company logo or other markings to your product)
What is Cerakote?
Cerakote is a Polymer-Ceramic coating that can be applied to any hard surface including all metals, plastics, polymers and wood. Cerakote has many benefits including wear & abrasion resistance, corrosion resistance, chemical resistance, impact strength, and hardness. Cerakote ceramic coatings outperform any competitive coating and remain the best choice for a thin film coating.
How is Cerakote applied?
Cerakote is applied with an HVLP Spray gun. The coating process includes a few steps:
1. Degreasing parts to remove any oils if necessary
2. Masking/Plugging parts if needed
3. Sandblasting parts or hand sanding for delicate items. This is necessary to create a textured surface for the coating to bond with. This blast profile is crucial for the durability and longevity of the coating.
4. Cerakote product is applied with an HVLP Spray gun by our skilled Applicators
5. Parts are cured. Some of the Cerakote products are cured in an oven with temps of 150-300 degrees Farenheit depending on the composite of the item. Other Cerakote products require air cure. Our staff will help you determine the best method for your items when you fill out a quote form.
What colors does it come in?
Cerakote comes in a large variety of colors. The colors may vary depending on the Series of Cerakote. You can learn more about each series by clicking Here.
Do you color match with samples or pantone color codes?
No, we do not offer color matching, but we can custom mix a unique color for your company. You can name the custom color and market it as your unique Cerakote color. Contact us at info@occustomcoating for more info regarding custom mix colors.
What materials can and cannot be Cerakoted?
Cerakote will adhere to any hard surface (e.g. all metals, plastics, polymers, carbon fiber, fiberglass, wood, glass, and more)
Cerakote cannot be applied to soft materials such as foam, rubber, or cloth.
There are different series of Cerakote, which do I choose?
When you fill out our quote form the questions in the form are designed to help us determine the best series of Cerakote for your product.
You can also learn more about the key features of each series here
How long does Cerakote last?
Cerakote is designed to last forever. However, friction, impact and abrasives can wear down Cerakote over time. If an item is properly Cerakoted and left by itself it will last well beyond the user’s lifetime.
Our company offers a guarantee that our coatings will not crack, peel or flake.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for longevity of Cerakote on your specific product.
How should I clean the Cerakote surface?
Cerakote is extremely chemical resistant and most over the counter cleaning products and chemicals can be used including soaps, oils, household cleaners, and even brake cleaner and acetone can be used.
How Can I learn more about Cerakote and if it’s right for my product?
We recommend contacting our knowledgeable staff at email@example.com or call us at 714-202-7552